Thursday, October 2, 2014

Pinterest & Windshield Wipers

Let's just face facts up front.  Pinterest is awesome!  It will also take away entire hours of your life because you get sucked into this vortex of endless photos you "need" to see.  Every now and then, I believe you find that one pin that just gets you.  It's life changing.  So probably not, but it makes you feel validated that you are not alone in the universe.  As I was stalking browsing Pinterest this morning, I came across the anxiety cat memes.

Holy. Crap.  I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS THOUGHT THAT?!

Flashback to my teenage years:
My first car was a 1989 Toyota Corolla.  It didn't have the fancy speed adjustment wipers.  It had slow, medium, and fast.  There was no way to set it so the wipers would just come on every now and again.  If it was raining, those bad boys were wiping away.  I have driving issues (we can talk about that some other time).  I am extremely cautious.  I like my windows to be rain free.  I don't like to much water collecting on my windshield.  In my little blue shoebox car, I usually drove with my wipers on the medium speed.  Unless I met a car.  At that point, my brain would betray me.  

"Oh crap there is a car.  They don't have their wipers going as fast as mine.  They are probably thinking I am crazy.  I can hear it now 'Oh look at those wipers.  It's not raining that hard.  Why does she have her wipers going as fast as an Olympic runner? Who does that?  FREAK!'  Well I can't stand not having good visibility when I drive...but their wipers are so much slower than mine!  I'll just turn mine down until they pass."

I know it's irrational.  I know it's not normal.  Do I care?  Yes.  Can I change it? No.  My teenage years were difficult and awkward.  It wasn't until I went to college that I finally found out what was wrong with me.  I have social anxiety disorder.  It made a lot of life make way more sense.

Anxiety Cat.  I get you.  I can relate to almost every single thing you say.  People....they scare me to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment